empressreece

Hooked on Books

Avid Multi-Genre Reader. Lover of Books with Unique Settings. Audiobook Fanatic. Sweet Tea Addict. Mom of Two Boys & Mistress of Two Very Energetic Black Kittens.  -Empress Reece

Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea
Steven Callahan
Subhuman (A Unit 51 Novel)
Michael McBride
Despite Lupus: How to Live Well with a Chronic Illness (1)
Sara Gorman
A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie
Kathryn Harkup
Progress: 3 %

"I am where dead children go."

The Girl from the Well - Rin Chupeco

When I first started reading this, I didn't think I was going to like it at all. I think because the POV alternates from 1st to 3rd it was a little awkward reading at first, but once I got use to it, I started getting into the story more. There were times though even toward the end, that I wasn't sure who was speaking at first because there wasn't any break really to announce transition.

As for the story itself, it's basically about possession and exorcising ghosts from hell. Not literally, I don't know where they came from or where they're going I guess I should say, but they are hell to live with in this story. One of the main characters, Okiku, is based off of an old Japanese ghost story. The characters (and ghosts) also travel to Japan so I really did enjoy learning about some of the Japanese traditions and seeing the culture in play throughout the story.

Was it very scary? No, not really. There were a few suspenseful parts but nothing to keep you up at night or anything. : ) If you like ghost stories or stories about possession, I would say give it a try. I am going to read the next book, The Suffering, because I did like the characters a lot too, especially Okiku, Tarquin and Callie and would like to see what happens with them.