empressreece

Hooked on Books

Avid Multi-Genre Reader. Lover of Books with Unique Settings. Audiobook Fanatic. Sweet Tea Addict. Mom of Two Boys & Mistress of Two Very Energetic Black Kittens.  -Empress Reece

Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea
Steven Callahan
Subhuman (A Unit 51 Novel)
Michael McBride
Despite Lupus: How to Live Well with a Chronic Illness (1)
Sara Gorman
A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie
Kathryn Harkup
Progress: 3 %

The Cuckoo's Calling

The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith 3.5 stars...When I first started listening to the audio book I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. It seemed like alot of incessant talking and I found myself drifting off and daydreaming about other things but after the first few discs I think the paced picked up a little bit and I got into it alot more. By the end I was enjoying it a little more and had decided who the murderer was but I was wrong. I'm not going to spoil it but I do want to say I also never understood why John hired Strike in the first place and I still never figured that out so if anyone else knows please let me know!! It seems to me if there isn't a good answer for that then the reality of the book is thrown off. It's hard to explain my point without giving anything away so I'll just leave it at that. All in all I was left with more questions then answers.

I just wanted to add too that what I enjoyed most about the book was actually the sub plot of Robin and Strike's relationship and I found my attention was focused more on finding out what was happening between them then the actual mystery.