Hooked on Books

Avid Multi-Genre Reader. Lover of Books with Unique Settings. Audiobook Fanatic. Sweet Tea Addict. Mom of Two Boys & Mistress of Two Very Energetic Black Kittens.  -Empress Reece

The Invisible Library
Genevieve Cogman
Artists in Crime
Ngaio Marsh
Wake of Vultures
Lila Bowen
Progress: 15 %

3 New Releases I'm Dying to Read!

Soil (The Last Flotilla) - Colin F. Barnes Salt to the Sea - Ruta Sepetys Stars Above: A Lunar Chronicles Collection (The Lunar Chronicles) - Marissa Meyer
— feeling excited

These three books released TODAY and I'm so excited! Woohoo!

Soil is the follow-up to Salt by Colin F. Barnes. He's a great author but one that definitely doesn't get the recognition he deserves I think. This is a dystopia series about survivors that are living on a flotilla of ships. Very cool setting! I'm buying this ebook today. : )

Salt to the Sea is a historical novel about four refugee teenagers searching for freedom during World War II. I actually have not read anything by Ruta Sepetys before but this sounds like a very interesting book. I put in a request for it, months ago it seems like, through NetGalley it but it's 'still' pending so it's probably a no-go. Unless the publisher was waiting until release date to approve requests -that's what I'm hoping for anyways, so I still have my fingers crossed.

Stars Above is a compilation of stories related to The Lunar Chronicles series. I'm currently listening to Fairest and then Winter comes after it which is another one I can't wait to read. I'm just glad once I finish Winter, I can jump right into Stars Above right away with no waiting period. The Lunar Chronicles is an awesome fantasy/ dystopian/ fairy tale retelling series. It's a definite must-read too! Actually it's a must-listen to if you like audiobooks. The narrator is fabulous and really brings the series to life. My library ordered the audio cd at my request so I'm thrilled about that. I'll be the first hold to get it when it comes in. : )