EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

3 New Releases I'm Dying to Read!

Soil (The Last Flotilla) - Colin F. Barnes Salt to the Sea - Ruta Sepetys Stars Above: A Lunar Chronicles Collection (The Lunar Chronicles) - Marissa Meyer
— feeling excited

These three books released TODAY and I'm so excited! Woohoo!

Soil is the follow-up to Salt by Colin F. Barnes. He's a great author but one that definitely doesn't get the recognition he deserves I think. This is a dystopia series about survivors that are living on a flotilla of ships. Very cool setting! I'm buying this ebook today. : )

Salt to the Sea is a historical novel about four refugee teenagers searching for freedom during World War II. I actually have not read anything by Ruta Sepetys before but this sounds like a very interesting book. I put in a request for it, months ago it seems like, through NetGalley it but it's 'still' pending so it's probably a no-go. Unless the publisher was waiting until release date to approve requests -that's what I'm hoping for anyways, so I still have my fingers crossed.

Stars Above is a compilation of stories related to The Lunar Chronicles series. I'm currently listening to Fairest and then Winter comes after it which is another one I can't wait to read. I'm just glad once I finish Winter, I can jump right into Stars Above right away with no waiting period. The Lunar Chronicles is an awesome fantasy/ dystopian/ fairy tale retelling series. It's a definite must-read too! Actually it's a must-listen to if you like audiobooks. The narrator is fabulous and really brings the series to life. My library ordered the audio cd at my request so I'm thrilled about that. I'll be the first hold to get it when it comes in. : )