EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

The 5th Wave Trilogy Book #2

The Infinite Sea (5th Wave) - Rick Yancey

Wow, this was a hard one for me to rate. It started out with a lot of choppiness and no clear cut separations between chapters, even more so then the first book I thought. I had to reread the first few paragraphs in each chapter to figure out what character they were even talking about.

Also a majority of the story was written in this flowery poetic prose and nothing was ever stated clearly. It was like you had to figure out everything they were talking about and what they meant. I just wanted to scream, just say wtf you mean. I don't think I'm explaining this very well, but it was just like they talked around the bush using hidden meanings and innuendos for everything. It was like a game and you had to figure out what they meant. And at least three quarters of the book was like that. It was really hard work reading this book. The writing style just sucked!

The plot however, I liked. It was the redeeming part of the book. There was a lot of action and the pacing was good. I liked how things developed between the characters. There were also some unexpected twists that were really good and the ending -wow! It was fantastic! It threw me for a loop but I did like how it all played out.

I'm definitely going to read the last book but I really hope Yancey cuts back on all that "can you figure it out" rigmarole writing and just gives it to us straight!