EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Final Voyage of the Hindenburg

— feeling cry
Flight of Dreams: A Novel - Ariel Lawhon

It's been a long time since a book literally moved me to tears and this one did just that. For that alone it deserves 5 stars. Lawhon does a fantastic job of reconstructing her theory of what happened on that final voyage of the Hindenburg and memorializing the passengers and crew members that were on the airship. It is historical fiction, so not all of the actual in-flight story is true but as she states in her author's note she took a lot of her biographical information from Patrick Russell's website www.facesofthehindenburg.blogspot.com

which he spent years compiling. I visited the site after I read the book and it's very interesting. There are a lot of pictures, among a ton of other stuff related to the Hindenburg, but it was nice to put a face with a name. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that has an interest in that historical flight. Get your tissues ready though - the ending is a tear jerker!