empressreece

Hooked on Books

Avid Multi-Genre Reader. Lover of Books with Unique Settings. Audiobook Fanatic. Sweet Tea Addict. Mom of Two Boys & Mistress of Two Very Energetic Black Kittens.  -Empress Reece

Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea
Steven Callahan
Subhuman (A Unit 51 Novel)
Michael McBride
Despite Lupus: How to Live Well with a Chronic Illness (1)
Sara Gorman
A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie
Kathryn Harkup
Progress: 3 %

Final Voyage of the Hindenburg

— feeling cry
Flight of Dreams: A Novel - Ariel Lawhon

It's been a long time since a book literally moved me to tears and this one did just that. For that alone it deserves 5 stars. Lawhon does a fantastic job of reconstructing her theory of what happened on that final voyage of the Hindenburg and memorializing the passengers and crew members that were on the airship. It is historical fiction, so not all of the actual in-flight story is true but as she states in her author's note she took a lot of her biographical information from Patrick Russell's website www.facesofthehindenburg.blogspot.com

which he spent years compiling. I visited the site after I read the book and it's very interesting. There are a lot of pictures, among a ton of other stuff related to the Hindenburg, but it was nice to put a face with a name. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that has an interest in that historical flight. Get your tissues ready though - the ending is a tear jerker!