EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

The Starbound Trilogy Finale- 4.5 stars...

Their Fractured Light - Amie Kaufman, MacLeod Andrews, Meagan Spooner, Listening Library, Kim Mai Guest

I actually liked this finale I think the best of all three books. I think because all the characters were back in this one together for one last final showdown and the whole whispers and rift thing seemed to finally make sense to me.

I listened to the audio version too of this one and the narrator was really good except for the part where they actually whisper the "whispers." It sounded like they used some type of voice over, which was hard to understand unless you turned it up really loud and listen really closely. So I could have done without the voice-overs. It just distracted from an otherwise great narration.

I was very pleased with the ending though. I really liked it a lot. Everything was wrapped up with a nice neat bow just how I like it. I'm a little disappointed now though because I've read everything there is to read of Amie Kaufman's, that is except Gemina which I am not so patiently waiting for. I need that book right now!