EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Bookburners Season One: Episode 3...

Bookburners: Fair Weather (Season 1, Episode 3) - Mur Lafferty, Max Gladstone, Margaret Dunlap, Brian Francis Slattery

In Episode 3 of the Bookburners urban fantasy serial Sal and the Vatican team are called out to a bookstore that has dissapeared. They track the book they are looking for to a boat, the Fair Weather, harbored in Ostia which is the closest place to Rome where you can berth a yacht. Just when they think they have the demon contained though, they find their job isn't quite as finished as they thought it was.

This is the first episode I've read by Margaret Dunlap and I liked it a lot, particularly the boat setting. I'm looking forward to reading more of the episodes she's written. Also Sal relieves some tension with a little romance with one of her team members so I'm curious to see how that relationship plays out.

*I received Bookburners: The Complete Season One from NetGalley & Serial Box Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Reviews Published