EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Bookburners Season One: Episode 15...

Bookburners: Things Lost (Season 1, Episode 15) - Brian Francis Slattery, Mur Lafferty, Max Gladstone, Margaret Dunlap

In the aftermath of Team 3's showdown with Team 2 at the monastery, Team 3 went on the run & into hiding. The Vatican has placed guards around the Archives so Team 3 can't enter & is proceeding to have their leader, Father Menchú, defrocked.  Their only chance to save themselves is by getting back into the Archives but they'll have to make a deal with a demon or guardian angel to do it- which one he actually is, they haven't quite figured out yet...

Just when it seemed their plan to enter the Vatican was going to go off without a hitch, the Team encountered a number of obstacles including several corrupt Vatican leaders which they were not expecting.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they get out of this mess. They still have to deal with The Hand too. There's only one episode left so I'm wondering if it's all going to culminate in this final episode or continue over into Season 2. Probably a little bit of both I imagine which means I'm definitely going to have to read Season 2 if that's the case.

*I received Bookburners: The Complete Season One from NetGalley & Serial Box Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge