EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

5 Maps for The Girl From Everywhere!...

— feeling big smile
The Girl from Everywhere - Heidi Heilig

This is a very ingenious and magical story about a girl named Nixie, her father- Captain Slate, their crew- Kashmir, Rotgut & Bee, their ship the Temptation, and their very special maps. With the right maps and a really good "navigator" they can sail to any time or any place, real or imagined!

Wouldn't that be lovely? I know I would hop on that ship any day! Since we haven't reached that level of capability yet unfortunately, I'm very happy to have come across this wonderful series to somewhat satiate my wanderlust. But sailing across time isn't the only high point of this story, it's also rich in myths, legends & world history and features a diverse crew of characters that will leave their mark on you. I can't wait to sail the high seas with the Temptation & its crew in their next adventure, The Ship Beyond Time!

*I read this for my 2016 Halloween Bingo: ~Magical Realism~ square