empressreece

Hooked on Books

Avid Multi-Genre Reader. Lover of Books with Unique Settings. Audiobook Fanatic. Sweet Tea Addict. Mom of Two Boys & Mistress of Two Very Energetic Black Kittens.  -Empress Reece

Land of Bones: 14 Tales of the Strange and Macabre
Glenn Rolfe
All Systems Red
Martha Wells

"We Were Sleeping, And They Were In Our Tent..."

One Was Lost - Natalie D. Richards

One Was Lost is about a group of high school seniors that have to participate in a mandatory field trip and for various reasons they get stuck with an outdoor camping trip. As soon as they start their trek through the woods though, things start going wrong and when they wake up after their first night, they realize that someone was in their tents...

Oh God.

My heart trips itself and then races.

"What the hell happened to us?" Lucas asks.

"They did it to you too," Emily says. We all turn to her, "Your word is different."

"What - " He never finishes. Because when he turns his left wrist up,

we all see the letters like an ornate tattoo: DECEPTIVE.

Emily lifts her wrist: DAMAGED.

Lucas checks his and snorts. "Of course." DANGEROUS.

My turn, I swallow against the lump in my throat and it goes

down hard, bruises my insides.

My word is DARLING.

I had so much fun reading this book! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! I read through some of the sections so fast because I just had to find out what happened next. This is a YA thriller so there's not a lot of gore and stuff so if you're squeamish or scare easily you can still read it. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there were a few of those moments where you just want to slap the characters for doing the exact opposite of what they should do. It is very suspenseful though which is a plus and perfect I think for younger and older adults as well.  If you're in the mood for a thrilling page-turner, this one's perfect! You won't fall asleep reading it, I guarantee it!

*I received this ARC from NetGalley & Sourcebooks Fire in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge