EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Babylon & Blueberries- 4.5 stars...

Cold Moon Over Babylon (Valancourt 20th Century Classics) - Michael P. Kube-McDowell, Mike Mignola

"Terror grows in Babylon, a typical sleepy Southern town with its throbbing sun and fog-shrouded swamps."

"Margaret Larkin has been robbed of her innocence -- and her life. Her killer is rich and powerful, beyond the grasp of earthly law."

"Now, in the murky depths of the local river, a shifting, almost human shape slowly takes form. Night after night it will pursue the murderer. It will watch him from the trees. And in the chill waters of the river, it will claim him in the ultimate embrace."

"The cold moon rises, the awful squishing sounds begin."

Another fantastic book by McDowell! He has a knack for writing about small-towns & Southern characters. Cold Moon reminded me a little bit of his Blackwater Saga just without the 'family saga' storyline- even the Perdido was back for a small part. : )

If you haven't read any of McDowell's books yet, you really should! His talent for combining Southern gothic and horror is exceptional & something you don't want to miss out on!

*I read this with HA-Buddy Read & for my 2016 Halloween Bingo: ~Full Moon~ square

Full Moon square