EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

"For now, the world belongs to the abbies, but the future...The future could be ours."

The Last Town - Blake Crouch

Wow this is the second book I've read this week that had one hell of an ending. I think because I didn't see it coming it made it even more shocking. I liked the ending a lot until about an hour after I finished reading the book and realized it was the very last book in the series and now I hate it, hate it, hate it because if left so many loose ends. You'll think there is another book after this one and there absolutely needs to be. Surely it can't really end that way! Ughh so frustrating!

As for the rest of the book, a lot of it was a rehash of earlier events which I also thought was nicely done until again, I realized this really is the end of it. The author wasted all of those pages on rehashing past events when he should have used it to write a better more complete ending!