EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Untitled

A Cold Legacy - Megan Shepherd Finally a Trilogy with a Complete & Satisfying Conclusion!!

Megan Shepherd is one author who knows how to close a trilogy out properly! Yeah I'm sad that it's over but I'm also glad that the series didn't end with more questions then answers like a lot of series have ended lately. She tied up the loose ends and concluded it with finality!

Shepherd also knows how to write skilled retellings! The concluding story was inspired by Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and picked up where the last book, Her Dark Curiosity, a retelling of Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, left off. She effortlessly intertwined all three retellings together which is one of the reasons why I liked this series so much. It was very unique & creatively written.

This series isn't for the faint of heart though. If you can stomach the gore and like science or I should say, mad science, then you should definitely give it a try!