EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Fire Catcher

Fire Catcher - C.S. Quinn Charlie Tuesday Charlie Tuesday is at it again in Fire Catcher, C.S. Quinn's latest book & follow-up to her first book, The Thief Taker.  Charlie is London's best thief taker and he knows a little bit about everything and everybody. He was an orphan, left at the Foundling hospital when he was just a baby so he's learned to survive on London's streets and back allies and he does this all in bare feet! Yep that's right, he runs all around town hunting down criminals, recovering stolen property and stopping plots against the King and the city -with no shoes on! :  ) He actually sounds rather fun and charming, like one of those hot dates your parents wouldn't approve of because he's penniless and hasn't finished school yet that is until I think of him running around the city barefoot and then it totally turns me off! : ) Although, the story is set in the 1600's so maybe it was more acceptable then. I would think though that with the widespread plague and the fire burning through the city you would want to have your whole body covered from head-to-toe but what do I know?! LoL Alright enough about Charlie Tuesday, I still love him regardless. He's unique and there is never a dull moment when he's around.

The Fire Catcher picks up where The Thief Taker left off with Charlie trying to find out where he came from & what the key goes to that he has worn around his neck since he was a child. Quinn in both of her books has done a fabulous and very thorough job with the historical detail. I've learned so many little things that I didn't know before about London, the Great Plague, the Great Fire, alchemy and the list goes on. I thought the book was a little long though but she is a really good story teller so you stay pretty engrossed in the plot. It was very enlightening and a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing what she has in store for us and Charlie Tuesday next.

**I received this ARC from NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!