EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

The Birthday Children are Back!!...

Alight: Book Two of the Generations Trilogy - Scott Sigler

I was so thrilled to get this ARC, the second book in the Generations Trilogy, from NetGalley & it didn't disappoint! Alight starts off right where the first book, Alive, ended. The birthday children are on the space shuttle heading to the planet Omeyocan, their new home. They're still learning who they are and now they're learning about their new home and how to survive on it, which isn't as easy as they were hoping it would be. They all face many day-to-day challenges especially Em, their group leader, who is expected to make everything o.k.

One of the things I like the most about this series is that you never know what's behind door number three. It's an adventure from start to finish, not only for the birthday children, but for the readers too. It really of reminds me of exploring on a treasure hunt, except what you find behind these doors is not always good. : )

*I received this ARC from NetGalley & Random House Publishing- Del Rey in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Challenge Participant