EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Westfalls & Lattimers - 4.5 stars...

The Book of Ivy - Taylor Meskimen, Amy Engel

The Book of Ivy is the story of two warring families, the Westfalls and the Lattimers and the daughter, Ivy Westfall, who's been chosen by her family to kill her newlywed husband in order to restore the Westfall legacy. But as Ivy starts realizing that her husband and her family's motives aren't exactly what she was lead to believe, she starts questioning the mission she was set out to complete.

Ivy, Ivy, Ivy- sometimes I wanted to just shake some sense into her and ask her how can she be so naive and stupid. Then just as soon as I thought, hey she heard me and is learning after all, she'd turn around and do something else entirely stupid. I've always thought though that a good book can bring out the best and worst emotions in you and this one did just that - all the way up to the very end! So if that's any indicator, this was a damn good book! Not quite 5 stars though because there was some repetition in the writing that I thought was unnecessary. If you like audio books, I would recommend giving the audio a try because the narrator was pretty good and made the story even better.

*Thanks for the recommendation Marylou (As the Page Turns)!