EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Jubilee & Flynn...

This Shattered World - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

In the second book in the Starbound trilogy, This Shattered World, we get to meet a new set of "star-crossed lovers," Captain Jubilee Chase and rebel, Flynn Cormac. They live on a planet called Avon which has been in the process of being terraformed. However, the rebels suspect that someone is delaying the terraforming process an purposely causing the citizens to suffer from a disease called Fury but they aren't sure exactly how or why. Flynn reaches out to Jubilee in hopes that she will hear what he has to say and help him figure out what's going on so they can save Avon and its people.

Going into this book, I was a little disappointed that Tarver and Lilac weren't the stars of the show but after I got to know Jubilee and Flynn, I fell in love with them and their story too. Plus Tarver and Lilac do make a small appearance in this story so that was a nice surprise. The first and second book have both been fantastic though and I'm really looking forward to reading book three. I already know that I'm going to have a huge book hangover when this series ends. It's a definite must read if you like soft sci-fi and space operas.