EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Season One: Episode 2 - Sal's First Mission...

Bookburners: Anywhere But Here (Season 1, Episode 2) - Mur Lafferty, Max Gladstone, Margaret Dunlap, Brian Francis Slattery

In this Episode 2, Sal gets a tour of the Black Archives in the Vatican and she goes on her first mission. They are called out to an apartment in Madrid when the Orb lights up which signals that it detected a magical anomaly.  The neighbors started hearing weird noises downstairs so they sent their daughters, who play over there all the time, to investigate. When the daughters don't return and the father witnesses the door breathing, he calls the police. After the daughters and the police both get held hostage by the magical being, for lack of better words, Sal & Team 3 swoop in to save the day and recover the magical artifact.

This was another fun episode in the serial! If you are into magic and fantasy it's worth reading. Each episode is fairly short so you can read through them fairly quickly when you don't have a lot of time. Also, the serial is made up of four different authors and each author writes their own episodes so you're in for a little something different each time which is pretty cool.

*I received Bookburners: The Complete Season One from NetGalley & Serial Box Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Challenge Participant Reviews Published