EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

A Fantastic Indie Author...

The Amber Project: A Dystopian Sci-fi Novel (The Variant Saga Book 1) - JN Chaney

The Amber Project is the first book in, Indie author, J.N. Chaney's, Variant Saga series. I really hadn't heard much about Chaney until recently so I wasn't sure what to expect going into it but I was very pleased with the story. It's a dystopian story about survivors that have been forced to live in an underground city because a mysterious gas called the Variant has been spreading across the world. A scientist has been experimenting with kids and genetically modifying them to breathe and withstand the toxic gas. The story follows one group of kids through their modifications and training to endure the harsh conditions on the surface.

The Amber Project had everything I was hoping for in a dystopian. Chaney is a talented writer and his debut was outstanding. It really exceeded my expectations! I found a new favorite author and can't wait to read the rest of the series.

*I received a copy of The Amber Project from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!