EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

The Extinction Cycle Series: Book 2...

Extinction Edge: Extinction Cycle, Book 2 - Nicholas Sansbury Smith, Inc. Blackstone Audio,  Inc., Bronson Pinchot

This series is one of those, edge of your seat, page turners, that keep you in suspense from start to finish so if you're looking for some action-packed entertainment then you have come to the right place! There is never a dull moment and the death count is steadily increasing. In book two, the Variants are continuously evolving. They are smarter, faster, stronger and a lot more predatory! Their new abilities make them that much harder for the strike team to kill, especially when the team doesn't realize just what they're up against.

Sometimes you just want some fast paced action and that's what I appreciate most about this series. Its a non-stop high intensity thrill ride. If you like audio, then I would recommend listening to it, because the narrator is fantastic! With that said though, I felt like there was a lot of repetition in both book one and two and I think the stories would be just as good if they were slimmed down some.

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!