EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Submarine Warfare under the Polar Ice Cap...

Ice Station Nautilus: A Novel - Rick Campbell

Whoa that was exciting and very intense! I realized when I finished that I had been holding my breath for way too long.

*inhale-exhale*

It's nice to breathe again. : ) I can't imagine being on a submarine that's running high on carbon dioxide & low on oxygen or having to maneuver around a torpedo flanking my ass. Thankfully I don't foresee encountering any of those problems anytime soon but if you want an up-close & personal taste of close quarter submarine warfare then this book is a must read! The second half of the book was especially fun and suspenseful. It's not bogged down with too many acronyms or too much technical jargon either, so if you're not use to the military or submariner lingo you can still enjoy this book.

Note: This is actually the third book in the series but it reads very well as a stand-alone which is what I did. The other two books are going on my TBR though...

*I received this ARC from NetGalley & St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Challenge Participant Reviews Published