EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

The Faraday Files - Book #2

— feeling happy
The Timeseer's Gambit (The Faraday Files Book 2) - Kate McIntyre

The Timeseer's Gambit is the second book in The Faraday Files series by a fantastic up & coming author, Kate McIntyre. I fell in love with the first book The Deathsniffer's Assisstant when I read it last year and I have been not-so-patiently waiting a whole year for this second book. I can't get enough of the brash Olivia Faraday and her sensitive and meek assistant, Chris. They are quite the dynamic duo!

In this new book, both characters are growing and developing. Olivia is showing a little more of a caring and sensitive side which is a side we don't normally see of her and Chris has grown more adept at handling Olivia's brashness.

McIntyre also tackles the complexities of sexuality and we get to see Chris as he deals with his desires for both his friend Will and his sister's nanny, Rachel. On top of that, someone is using bound elementals to kill priests and Dr. Livingstone's trial for the Floating Castle murders is drawing near. Can Olivia and Chris find their first serial killer and free and innocent man before time runs out?? You'll have to read and see...

If you're in the mood for something a little different, give The Faraday Files a try. The imaginative world building, complex characters and superb writing combine to make a one-of-a-kind series! I can't wait to see what McIntyre has in store for us next!

*I received this ARC from the publisher, Curiosity Quills Press, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!