EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Bookburners Season One: Episode 11...

Bookburners: Codex Umbra (Season 1, Episode 11) - Mur Lafferty, Max Gladstone, Margaret Dunlap, Brian Francis Slattery

In this episode Team 3 is on the hunt again for the Codex Umbra. They think Mr. Norse, who has set up an elaborate camp in Rhodes & is planning something for the solstice, has some indication that the book is nearby. So Team 3 has two days, until the solstice, to retrieve the book before Mr. Norse finds it and follows through with his plans...

This was a pretty cool episode written by Max Gladstone. Team 3 has to resort to using magic again to help them with their mission which I always like. There was also a huge revelation regarding Sal at the end that I was not expecting so I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

*I received Bookburners: The Complete Season One from NetGalley & Serial Box Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge