EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Apocalyptic Invasion...

Orbs: A Science Fiction Thriller - Nicholas Sansbury Smith

Even though I've really liked all of the other books I've read by Smith, when I first saw the cover of this book, I was thinking I probably wouldn't like it very much because I didn't like the cover at all, but you know what- I absolutely loved it!  That's a perfect example of why you should never judge a book by its cover!

Of course after I finished reading it, I saw online that Simon & Schuster has given this series a complete makeover and the covers are gorgeous! Honestly, if I would have seen the new covers before I read the book, I wouldn't have hesitated one second to read the story. But hey that's reality, we do it everyday with books, products, people etc.

So I guess the moral of this review/rant is: this is a fantastic post-apocalyptic book so don't let the (old) covers fool you! The characters in this one could have been fleshed out a little more but other then that, if you like a good action-packed, apocalyptic invasion, then you can't go wrong with this series. Really, you can't go wrong with any of Smith's books. Hell Divers is my ultimate favorite but Orbs is a close second behind it!

*I received this ARC from NetGalley & Simon & Schuster in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge