EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

Bookburners Season One: Episode 16 (The Finale)...

Bookburners: Battleground (Season 1, Episode 16) - Mur Lafferty, Max Gladstone, Margaret Dunlap, Brian Francis Slattery

Team 3 has been surrounded in their hideout & ordered to surrender to Team 1 & 2. Team 3 has a few things they need to do first, like get rid of a demon, so Liam, their resident techy has setup a whole slew of traps to keep them occupied --but will they be able to hold them off long enough to finish what they started?!...

Well that was the finale guys & Team 3 went out with a bang! One of my favorite parts was Liam's obstacle course played out alongside the Agatha Christie "And Then There Were None" dialogue. That was ingenious & so hilarious- I loved it! : ) All of the loose ends were wrapped up very nicely & Team 3 had the last laugh in the end.

I'm ready to move on to Season 2 now. It looks like it's going to start with a fresh slate since there weren't any big cliffhangers. There's also a whole new set of authors so I'm curious to see what they have in store for the Bookburners.

*I received Bookburners: The Complete Season One from NetGalley & Serial Box Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Professional Reader Reviews Published 2016 NetGalley Challenge