EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

The Dresden Files #1...

Storm Front  - James Marsters, Jim Butcher

Harry Dresden- the wizard with many tricks up his sleeve and weapons at his disposal-some magical & some not. He wears sweatpants, cowboy boots, old ratty t-shirts & tops it off with his infamous duster. He works with the police on occasion solving cases of a supernatural nature. He may not sound like much but he's a pretty cool character. In this first book, Storm Front, we learned a little bit about his background and got a taste of his magical abilities while he was on the hunt for someone using dark magic for nefarious purposes...

While I'm definitely not a fan of the sweatpants & cowboy boots, I am a fan of Harry Dresden now. I really enjoyed the mix of magic & mystery together and I thought his magical abilities were pretty neat & creative. The series reminded me of a more adult version of The Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney so if you liked that one, you'll probably like this one too. I listened to the audio book (speeded up to 1.3 as always) and I really liked the narrator a lot so I'm definitely going to continue the series -in audio. I'm looking forward to seeing what else Harry can do.

*I read this for my 2016 Halloween Bingo: ~Supernatural~ square

**The Internet lines in my area went down last night and the tech said it would probably be Friday before they're repaired & everyone is up & running. Ugh! I'm having to do everything on my phone so please excuse any errors or length of posts. : )