EmpressReece

Hooked on Books

Gemina (The Illuminae Files)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Angela J. Townsend
Progress: 274/274 pages
The Other Side of Midnight
Simone St. James
Olmec Obituary (Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth Book 1)
David L. Owen
Progress: 12 %
Stiletto: A Novel
Daniel O'Malley, Hachette Audio, Moira Quirk
Progress: 31 %
The Fate of the Tearling: A Novel (The Queen of the Tearling Book 3)
Erika Johansen
The Aeronaut's Windlass: The Cinder Spires, Book 1
Jim Butcher, -Penguin Audio-, Euan Morton
Progress: 11 %

To A New Year!!

Hi all! I missed you guys! I know I've been scarce lately. I originally took a hiatus because I had the most awful writers block & coupled with the Booklikes issues, I was having a hard time getting anything done. Writing reviews started being more of a chore for me then it was fun so I felt a much needed break was in order.

Then as they say...when it rains it pours and I had a number of personal things pop-up, culminating with my father unexpectedly passing on the 10th of this month followed my grandmother passing, not unexpectedly, on the 26th.

So it's been a hell of a month and I normally don't share much personal stuff but when I lost my father, I lost a friend too and he deserves a mention. Whatever better place there is out there, I hope he and my grandmother are both in it and we'll all meet again one day.

Reading has always been soothing for me and has carried me through many nights in the past so as I ring in this New Year's, I'm going to turn to my loyal books, fellow bloggers and friends, catch up on some reviews and read the night away....

May this year be better then the last!

Happy New Year's!!

P.S. I'm glad to see BL is up and running again, or is it? I've been having problems all evening trying to connect and post this.  : (